At VRHabilis safety comes first! To assure safety at VRH, our employees go through rigorous training both outside the company and internally, in their specialized field. To reach the level of qualification we require at VRH, each individual has been evaluated and verified that assigned tasks can be performed and that they recognize and react to abnormal operating conditions. This process of successful qualification includes hands-on and written evaluation.
Being qualified and maintaining certifications is only the beginning of our safety environment. At VRHabilis, we have a comprehensive knowledge of the regulatory agencies that govern the type of work we perform and understand the applicable regulations. The list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Department of Defense (DoD)
- Departments of the Navy, Air Force, Army and Marines (USN, USAF, USA, USMC)
- United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
- Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- National Safety Council (NSC)
It is our firm basis of knowledge of these agencies and their requirements ensure our employees are well prepared to work safely in any situation. Some examples of the regulations we follow are:
- OSHA 29CFR1910.120, Safety and Health Standards, General Industry
- OSHA 29CFR1910.126, Safety and Health Regulations for Construction
- DoD 6055.9-STD, DoD Ammunition and Explosives Safety Standards
- Department of the Army Ammunition and Explosives Safety Standards
- Engineer Manual (EM) 385-1-1, Safety and Health Requirements Manual
- U.S. Navy Dive Manual – the internationally recognized reference for underwater work
The military veterans and retirees we hire bring a military culture of excellence to our job sites. That military foundation along with the rigorous training VRHabilis and our clients require, creates a superior work force, which accomplishes each project safely, accurately and with merit.
The minimum certifications VRHabilis employees maintain are the following. Many carry additional certifications of value to the safety of the project not listed here.
- Graduation from the US Navy Dive School (NDSTC) or equivalent commercial dive school in surface supply diving
- Graduation from US Navy EOD School (NAVSCOLEOD) or equivalent commercial UXO school
- OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) 40-hour training
- Annual OSHA Hazwoper 8-hour refresher training
- Annual OSHA Supervisor 8-hour training
- First Aid/CPR training
- Administration of Emergency Oxygen
- Annual OSHA Hazwoper and Diver medical exams
- Dive logs current for the past 6 months
At VRHabilis, Safety is the cornerstone upon which we build project success. Our commitment to safety is our commitment to our employees and their families. Our management team and supervisors strive to not only keep our employees safe, but our goal is that they return to their families at the end of the day, just as healthy and safe as when they arrived.